Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Have Some Cards!

So it's been three months since my last post. That's really sad. Never fear, though. I have been crafty during my absence!! I've gotten into cardmaking recently. I mean, why not make my own cards when I have TONS of scrapbooking paper and supplies, right?

Anyway, here are some of the cards I've made in the past few months:

First is a card that I created to give my best friend for her birthday...



I was very pleased with the way this turned out. Although I have a ton of it, ribbon freaks me out. I never know what to do with it. This is one of the first cards I've ever made with ribbon on it.

Second is a card I created for my nephew, who just turned 2...



I never know what to do for boys. Probably because I have two girls and lots of girly supplies. This My Mind's Eye collection ('Lil Robots) came through again!

Here is a close-up of some of the detail:



After taking about a month off from cardmaking, I created this beautiful card with one of my Christmas presents...my Silhouette! One of my uncles passed away on Christmas Eve, so I made a sympathy card for my aunt.



To be perfectly honest, I almost didn't want to send this to my aunt. Is that bad?! It was the first time I'd made something with my Silhouette and one of the first times I'd ever used flowers and actually LIKED the way they turned out. Plus, it's just really pretty and coordinates SO well. :)

The next two cards were the second and third things I made with my Silhouette. I LOVE the card kits that you can buy for only 99 cents!





Here is a close-up of some of the detail from the second card:



The Silhouette almost makes cardmaking *too* easy! :)

Next are some cards I made to thank people who gave my girls Christmas presents:







Not as exciting as the ones above, but definitely a step up in my cardmaking game. :)

That's all I've got for you tonight! Stay tuned because tomorrow I'm going to post some of the layouts I've done in my absence! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!