Sunday, October 5, 2014

World Card Making Day: The Results!



Hello!  I was super motivated in the card making department yesterday, so I hope you have a beverage and free time!  There are a lot of pictures coming!  :) 


For this first card, I decided to do bold with a pop of color.  I used a fun new stencil that looks like basket weaving, along with white and black accents.  I made this one for a challenge, so I'll blog more about it at a later date.  Here's a close up:




I used the above Cardmaps sketch to create this card.  I used Echo Park's Hear and Now collection, as well as Paper Smooches feather dies.  To get the fun finish on the feathers, first I masked off the bottom portion and then blended on some deep pink ink.  While it was still masked, I applied Versamark and clear embossing powder over it.  (As it turns out, my clear powder also has flecks of white in it, so it added a bit more character to the feathers.)  Once that was dry, I masked off the next section and used silver embossing powder this time.  I used the same silver powder for the sentiment and finished everything off with silver glitter enamel dots.  My new favorite things!  Here's a close up of the details:



For this next card, I started by masking off the square in the center, then applied the confetti stamp using Versamark.  I covered it with clear powder and then applied distress ink in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers, blending in the center to get the fun purpley color.  I cut the Winnie and Walter sentiment out of glitter cardstock using my Cameo.  That's it!  Here is a close up of the details: 


I made this next card for my hubby's bday (and you can see that I took the picture after I had already written in it.  :/)  First I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and used clear embossing powder over it.  I masked off the top area of watercolor paper and then got it really wet with my thick paintbrush.  Then I pressed two colors of ink onto a large stamp block and spritzed them with water.  I took a smaller brush and started to dab the ink on in a somewhat random pattern.  Usually I'm not very good at this, but I really love how this one turned out.  Once everything was dry, I used my clothing iron and a paper towel to take off the embossing powder, making this a completely flat front with no dimension.  I backed the paper with matching blue paper and that's it!
 





I wanted to make a cute fall card, so I grabbed some fall-colored distress inks (Crushed Olive and Peacock Feathers - because teal) and blended them over a stencil I made with my Cameo.  Then I stamped the fox from Sweet Stamp Shop with a brown ink and covered the parts I wanted to stay white with rubber cement.  I then blended Spiced Marmelade over it.  When I took off the rubber cement, some of the color from the top of it smeared on to the image, so I ended up blending it all with a clean blending pad.  I like how it turned out.  I used two different patterns of woodgrain washi to mimic logs that the little guy might be sitting next to and then added a coordinating button with white buralp twine.  Here is a close up of the details:



For this card, I started by stamping two rows of this fun border stamp from Avery Elle on the bottom of the kraft card base.  Then I adhered the speech bubble at the top, which was cut using a Lawn Fawn die.  I stamped some pretty Peonies from WPlus9, added the Simon Says Stamp sentiment, then threw on some enamel dots.  I love how it turned out.  Actually, when I caught this out of the corner of my eye, I thought the bottom of the card looked like burlap, which made me love the result even more.  Here's a close up of the details:



Next up, I have a couple Christmas cards.  For this first one, I stamped a wreath from Simon Says Stamp four times, rotating the stamp as I went.  Then I made a bow using red burlap twine and added some red sequins.  I added the Paper Smooches sentiment with Versamark and silver embossing powder.  It was SO quick and easy to do.  I think I know what I'm doing for our Christmas cards this year!


This is a card I started on WCMD-eve.  I stamped the Paper Smooches images and then masked them so I could use a stencil and apply transparent embossing paste over it.  Once the paste was dry, I masked the snowmen again and then used Broken China distress ink to blend over the falling snow and under the snowmen.  I did some paper piecing and some coloring with colored pencils to color everything else in.  Here is a close up of the details:


Well that is it for me!  I hope you enjoyed seeing what I made yesterday and I hope you made time for yourself to make some cards as well!  Until next time...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

2 comments:

  1. All of these cards are totes RAD!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed! My WCMD output was a lowly one card. These are wonderful, a big range, and lots of details in each. Your coloring is lovely and I love the inking and die cutting too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!