Friday, September 16, 2011

Splendid...

Today I am featured over on Authentique's blog, so I thought I would show more about my layout here on my page. Now anyone who has followed me for some time knows that I tend to scrap better when I have a sketch or another layout to work off of. Well, just because I'm a DT member doesn't change this fact. :) I searched through the past Scrapbooksteals sketches by the fantastic Kristy Lee and came across one that would work perfectly for the picture I had.

Here's the sketch (MWM #35):


And here is the layout I created:


I have used this sketch in the past, but I have to admit that I like this layout MUCH better than the original one I created with the sketch. I love how the colors of the Splendid collection go so perfectly with the colors in the picture. And I made a couple flowers to match as well.

I know I'm tooting my own horn here, but I am so happy with the way this turned out. I created this for my best friend (who is in the picture with her daughter and her newest niece) and I really hope she enjoys it.

Thanks for stopping by! Until next time...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Christine...you are going strong! Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is just so lovely. The felt flowers are ADORABLE and I love how you used gloss accents in a two dimensional way. I am so borrowing that idea. As always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super lovely! Perfect sketch for this too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!