Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just scootin' by...

I know I keep saying things like this, but am I the only one in complete disbelief that it's already January 19th?! Where is the time going?! It's scootin' on by, that's for sure!

Speaking of scootin' by (you'll appreciate the segue in a second), I recently purchased a new stamp set from the Sweet Stamp Shop. It's called Scootin' By and I'm in love with it!


The card I made with it is the first of it's kind in my novice book, as I've never paper pieced anything together using a stamp as a guide before. I have to disclose, though, that my card is a blatant copy, er, card lift of another card I found which was created by Donna Mikasa. I wouldn't be able to do fun stuff like this if I didn't have amazing examples to follow!

Here's Donna's card:

And here is mine:

For this being my first time paper piecing, I'm thrilled with the way it turned out! I stamped the flag and the body of the scooter on patterned paper, cut them out, then adhered them to the stamped image on a separate piece of cardstock. I almost don't want to give this card away! :)

Hope you enjoyed this card and that you are inspired to try something new! You never know...you might like it! =)

Until next time,

Photobucket

2 comments:

I love comments! Let me know what you think!