Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm still here!!

Oh my word!  It's been quite a while, hasn't it?  So much has been happening the past couple months that I guess blogging took a back seat for a bit.  Not to worry, though.  I have been staying busy scrapping on and off during my bloggy time out.  I attended my very first crop with some friends I met in a scrappy group online.  We met in St. Louis and cropped at Archiver's on National Scrapbooking Day.  It was SO. MUCH. FUN!  I thought I would be intimidated cropping with such talented ladies, but it was so relaxing and natural.  I need to do that again!

I've also been working on some pages to help my Aunt make a scrapbook for my cousin, who is graduating from high school this week.  She called me about two months ago saying that she was going to put together a scrapbook for my cousin...using pictures from the day he was born through today!!  Nothing like leaving a project until the last minute, right?  :)  I offered to help and almost reconsidered when the stack of pictures showed up in my mail box.  No lie...it was bigger than the stack of pictures I have to scrap of my own girls.  But I have scrapped them all and I hope my Aunt and cousin like them.

Here are a couple of the last ones that I did:


For the first layout, I used Authentique's Celebrate collection.  I made the banner and the pennants using papers from the Celebrate 6x6 paper pad.

For the second layout, I used my On the Bright Side 6x6 paper pad.  (A recent steal on scrapbooksteals.com!)  I love that I was able to do a 12x12 layout with 6x6 papers.  The seams are hidden under the big banner and behind the picture.  This layout is a little plain in my eyes, but it's for an almost 18 year-old boy, so there was no need to go crazy with it.  I love how both layouts turned out. 

Well, that is all for now!  Tomorrow is my biggie's last day of preschool and I have to make a couple cards for her teachers.  I'll be back soon to show you more things I made during my time away.

Until next time...

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Way to make it through the entire stack! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cousin is going to love all the work you've put into the book! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!