Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ghost Stamping and Masking

http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.com/2014/03/challenge-2embellishments.html

I had some free time to make some cards this week and I can't wait to share them with you.  As you know, my blog states that I am a "novice."  Mostly this just means that I am always learning about/trying new techniques.  The card I am sharing with you today uses a technique I haven't tried before:  ghost stamping with white ink and a darker background.

Here is my card:


I first learned of this technique from the uber-talented Jennifer McGuire.  You can learn about it here and here.  

I masked the center of the card with contact paper and then stamped all of the images I wanted to use with white dye ink.  Next, I stamped the flowers with colored ink and then masked them with post-it's before I stamped all of the leaves.  It's not embellishment heavy (even though I am entering it in the AEIheartU Challenge this week for embellishments), but I threw some enamel dots on it and used my Wink of Stella brush to sparkle up the flower centers.

That is all for today!  I will share another new card tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping by!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Your ghost stamping turned out beautifully! I love the addition of the enamel dots, too! Thanks so much for joining the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I have never heard of ghost stamping- thanks for the introduction! I will have to give that a try! Thank you so much for joining us at the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!! I so love Jennifer McGuire's techniques, too - she's so incredibly talented and generous with her stamping knowledge. I'd say that you pretty much mastered all of the techniques that she shared! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Avery Elle AEI♥U Challenge! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!