Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!

My best friend's daughter turns one soon so I made her a birthday card. I recently purchased a Sizzix embossing machine (so I'll be embossing EVERYTHING!) and decided to give it a whirl for this card. I also used some shapes from my Silhouette. Here's the final product:



Yes, this card is kind of fancy for a one-year old. But if you knew this one-year old, you'd understand. :) She's pretty stylin' for her age.

I love how this turned out! I used embroidery floss to jazz up the background paper (as if the paisley-printed, embossed background paper needed anymore jazzing up). The "Happy Birthday" banner is on 3D foam tape to make it stand out a bit from the rest of the busy card. I also used what little of the MME Penny Lane papers that I have left. It's cute, if I do say so myself. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!