Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Have a card or two...

So we all know (or maybe my new readers don't) that I do a bulk of my work going off sketches or other layouts/cards for inspiration. I still claim to not have a creative brain cell in my head, I'm just really good at faking it. :)

That brings us to today. I recently picked up Paper Crafts' Card Ideas for Paper Crafters magazine and I. Was. In. Heaven! It is filled with sketches and examples of cards from cover to cover. I found a sketch I really liked (hence the dog-ear in the picture) and decided to make a couple cards with it.

Here is the sketch:


And here is the first card I made:


I thought this card turned out really cute. My oldest daughter was invited to one of her classmates' birthday party and so I made it for her soon-to-be 5 year old friend. I used Authentique's Free Bird Series - Endless papers because they work really well for boy cards. (See this post for another example.)

Here is the other card I made:


I made this card for a friend who will be having surgery soon. I used some yummy My Mind's Eye papers that coordinated perfectly. I hope this card brightens my dear friend's day as she begins her rehabilitation journey.

That's all for now! Stay tuned for more crafty goodness!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!