Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting into the Christmas spirit! Today I am showing you a project that I made after being inspired from a post I saw on my scrappy friend Heather's blog. She made an adorable "Dear Santa" book for her daughter to write her Christmas list in every year. What an adorable idea!

We have a resident elf named Holly. She showed up this time last year and made sure the girls were being good throughout the season, then reported back to Santa each night. This year, Holly told me that she wants to deliver some journals like the ones Heather made. So today when Holly showed up, she had these journals with her. I'm excited for this new tradition in our family. :)

"Holly"

I started with a couple journals I got for $1 each at Michaels. (Sorry for the crummy picture.)


I covered each journal with kraft paper. (Again, blurry picture...sorry!!)


And then I decorated them with Authentique's Wonder collection and some Twinery twine. The "Dear Santa" alphas are from Scenic Route. I'm pretty sure my oldest is going to figure out I did these when she sees the twine as she knows I have some, but I'll just have to tell her Santa wanted me to make them. :)


As I mentioned before, I am so excited for this new Christmas tradition. Hopefully we'll be able to continue it for many years to come.

Until next time...

Photobucket

1 comment:

I love comments! Let me know what you think!