Friday, May 16, 2014

Watercolor for Card Makers Day 4

http://onlinecardclasses.com/watercolor/


I'm back with more cards that I've made using the amazing techniques I am learning at Online Card Class' Watercolor for Card Makers.  Before I show you what I made using one of day 4's techniques, I wanted to show you a card I made last night using another technique I learned from day 2.


This card uses masking but in a way I never would have thought of.  First the image was stamped on the card.  Then I covered the image with a thick layer of rubber cement.  Yes, rubber cement!  Once that dried, I did a watercolor wash over most of the watercolor paper.  Once that was dry, I rubbed off the rubber cement and I was left with a (mostly) clear image surrounded by bright color.  I say mostly because the image didn't stamp that clearly in the first place, but I digress.

Here is a close up of the image, which shows the clean lines around the flowers better:


After making this card, I decided I don't have nearly enough images that can be used this way.  :) 

That brings me to days 3 and 4 of the class.  This card uses misters such as Mr. Huey's and Glimmer Mist.  I unscrewed the mister, used the tube to put some of the color onto a clear stamp block, then I used a wet paint brush to spread the color out and blend it a bit.  Then I took the background image and placed it on the stamp block and then stamped the image onto watercolor paper.  I love how this turned out! 



As I learned in the class, you don't have to waste the color that is left on the block!  I placed a sheet of watercolor paper on the block itself and used it to absorb what was left on the block.  It gives the same effect as stamping the image itself, only it's much more bold and vibrant.  I love it!


I hope you are enjoying seeing what I've been learning from this class!  I'll be back soon with more!  Until then...

 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

1 comment:

I love comments! Let me know what you think!