Friday, June 20, 2014

Feeling Happy


Have you ever sat down to create something just because and came out the other end with a smile on your face?  That's what happened to me tonight.  I sat down to play with a new stamp set I got recently, Favorite Flowers from Simon Says Stamp.  This set is a fun floral layering collection.  I just love it.  Because I need visual inspiration before I scrap or make a card, I used this card I found as my inspiration.     

http://www.sarahjmoerman.blogspot.com/2014/05/simon-says-stamp-june-2014-card-kit.html

And I loved it so much that I pretty much made exact copies.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  ;)  Here are the cards that I made:


I used a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of 110 lb cardstock and stamped the floral pattern all over it.  Then I cut it into two 1.75" x 5.5" strips.  I stamped the sentiment and then added enamel dots to finish them off.  My favorite colors, my favorite embellishments, my favorite things (layering stamps).  It's Smile City over here.  :) 


Both cards are pretty exact except for the color placement/sizes of the enamel dots.  Brainless duplication at it's finest. 


I just love how these cards turned out and I can definitely see myself doing more like this in the near future.

That's all for tonight.  Until next time...

 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!