Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pretty, More Like GORGEOUS, Peonies

Guys.  I'm in love.  Have you seen Wplus9's new set called Pretty Peonies?  It. Is. Gorgeous!!  I really love their Fresh Cut Florals set, too.  They just make the BEST layering stamps. I recently got some pretty new pink ink pads that I was dying to try out with these stamps. 

I was completely inspired by this card by Joni Andaya:


I loved the grouping of the flowers on one side and the sentiment on the other.  This is what I came up with:


My flowers aren't as full and interesting as Joni's but I still think they turned out SO beautifully.  I stamped the base of the flowers in a very light pink, then second-generation stamped the details with a darker pink color.  (The sentiment is first generation of the same color, to give you an idea of the difference between the first/second generations.) 


I finished the card off with some pink sequins from Avery Elle and some crystal clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.  For my first time playing with this set, I couldn't be more thrilled with the way the card turned out!

That's all for today!  I'll be back soon!

Until then...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

2 comments:

I love comments! Let me know what you think!