Saturday, September 20, 2014

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

Wow, it's been a bit, huh?  I guess I was in a bit of a creative slump for a while and didn't feel the urge to create anything lately.  Don't worry, though.  I've turned the corner and am back at my table, creating away.  :) 

I thought I would share a couple cards that I made and submitted for publishing that weren't picked up.  I'll be honest, I don't submit my cards too often.  But when I do, I am usually very lucky and get picked up.  (Compared to the many, many layouts that I submitted in the past that weren't picked up.)  I really loved the two cards that I submitted, so I wanted to put them out there "on the computer" as my girls say. 

Here is the first card:


For this card, I created a stencil using my Cameo and acetate paper.  Then I used some embossing paste and mixed it with some Black Soot distress ink.  I had originally wanted it to be a black background, but I was happy with the color that it turned out to be.  I spread the embossing paste all over the card, then sprinkled a bit of glitter over it before I removed the stencil.  I removed the stencil and let it dry, then stamped the simple sentiment and mounted it on a think strip of colored cardstock.  I added three enamel dots to add more visual interest and that was it.  I think it turned out beautifully. 

Here is the second card:


For this card, I created my own overlay with my Cameo and cut it out in cardstock.  Then I used my distress inks in Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers to create the fun color pattern.  I then took a thin paint brush and lightly flicked water onto the overlay.  I knew I was going to make this a shaker card, so when the overlay was dry, I traced the circles onto the card base so I would know where the holes would be, then I stamped the fun confetti background and sentiment into the openings.  I used some acetate and foam tape to make the shaker windows, then added the sequins and adhered the overlay to the top of the card.  I. LOVE. how this turned out.  The sentiment was heat embossed with my delicious silver embossing powder.  It's just a fun, shiny, happy card. 

That's all I have for today!  Thanks for stopping by.  :)  I'll be back tomorrow with a card/stamp set that is sure to keep me out of a creative rut for a while.  :)

Until then...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!