Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm a card-lifter!

Yep, I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there so no one can accuse me otherwise. I am a card-lifter. (For those of you who don't know what a card-lifter or a scraplifter is, it's someone who takes an inspiration card or layout and creates their own card or layout based as loosely or as strictly as the card or layout they're inspired by. I confused myself writing that, so I hope you get it!)

Today's card-lift insipration card comes straight to you via Pinterest! I have to tell you (since my husband certainly doesn't get it), Pinterest is an AMAZING outlet! Whether it's for creative inspiration, style lessons or just to pass time, Pinterest offers great ideas for anyone and everyone out there. Seriously.

Alright, enough of my rambling. Here's the card:



And here is my interpretation:



I love how the interpretation card uses scraps and various punches. It's simple, yet visually interesting. I tried to do the same thing for my mom's birthday card. I used a muted color palette and I love the way it turned out. I enjoyed trying something new, as far as using different edge punches on different sized scraps. I like the look and I'm sure I'll use it again.

That's all for now! Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!