Monday, December 17, 2012

Life happens...

So much for posting cards everyday, right?!  Oy.  Life happened in big ways the past two weeks.  First, my biggie came down with the 6 year old version of RSV, with a fever and horrible cough for a week.  Then I was sick with a massive head cold all weekend.  THEN my 3.5 year old had a fever/cold for a couple days.  I was about to sit down and start a new post on Friday when I heard the news about what happened in Connecticut.  It just didn't seem right to be posting Christmas cards when so many people's lives had just changed forever.  I just wanted to spend the day holding my girls forever.  It's sad that it takes such extreme situations to make us realize how blessed we are, but when we do, it hits us hard.  I spent the weekend soaking up as much of my girlies as I could and now I am ready to share some more projects with you.

This is a card and travel coffee mug set that I made for one of my preschooler's teachers:



I love how they both turned out, but man alive was it hard to get the piece of paper into the mug!!  After all of that work I put into making it look nice, I didn't even take the thickness of the paper into account when I was trying to stuff it into the mug.  Sheesh!

Anyway, that's what I have for now.  I'll be back soon with more.  Until then...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!