Friday, June 28, 2013

Proof that I am healing...

I am one week and one day post-op after having my gallbladder removed last week.  When I got home I really, really, *really* wanted to play with some pretty scrappy papers and embellishments that I bought as a cheer-me-up present for having to have the surgery in the first place. But, given that I could barely get into/out of bed or into/out of a sitting position without help, it wasn't happening.  I have never felt the need to pace around my scrap room before, but I did it more than once last week.  :)  The cards I made in my last post were made while I stood up and one of my daughters had to hand me everything I needed.  I'll never take for granted again all of the muscles in my abdomen because this week has definitely taught me what almost every one is used for as I started to heal.

Wednesday was the day that I finally started to have more movement, energy and scrappy mojo, so as soon as the kids were put to bed I was off and running to my scrap room.  There was a layout offered as the free shape in the Silhouette store a while back that I had always wanted to try, so that was my starting point.  Here is the layout:


And here is the layout I created:

 

I used a mixture of Amy Tangerine's Yes, Please, Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes and Echo Park's Here and Now collections.  I thought they went well with the color scheme in my Instagram picture, which had a greenish-blue tint added to it.  I also used wood veneer and (not seen here) enamel dots.  I added the enamel dots as an after thought once I took this picture.  Everything needs some enamel dots on them, in my opinion.  :)

Man, this color scheme just makes me happy.  :)  I enjoyed not only how this turned out but also that I got to come out of my healing fog and make something that I love.

I hope you all have a great, inspiring weekend!  Until next time...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!