Friday, September 18, 2015

Color Throwdown #360

Happy Friday, all!  Today I am playing along with this weeks Color Throwdown challenge.  Here is the color swatch:

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2015/09/color-throwdown-360.html

And here is the card I made:



I used a smooshing technique for this card.  I started by smashing my Picked Raspberry and Faded Jeans distress inks on a large, clean stamp block.  After spritzing with some water, I used a piece of acetate to pick up the color, then pressed the acetate to the card front.  After doing this a couple times, I picked up some of the color with a brush and flicked a bit of it on the card.  The feather die cut is from My Mind's Eye and the sentiment and banner are from Paper Smooches.  I added some white thread and enamel dots to finish it all off.

I am also adding this card to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is die crazy!  

That is all for today!  I'll be back soon with more creations!

Until then...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

5 comments:

  1. I love the artsy and creative feel for this design! the colors are super lovely! Well done!Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Die Crazy” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Christine, a super design with such a fabulous created background with such pretty colours...........a lovely sentiment panel!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wendesday Challenge>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Cristine. Love the amazing background with the delicate vellum feather. The thread treatment looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the smooshed BG, the vellum feather, the string...great combination of elements! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background, velum feather, and sentiment!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!