Saturday, May 18, 2013

ATC Swap

I recently participated in an ATC swap with some crafty friends.  The challenge was to create something that represented you or showed your favorite theme, color, etc.  This is what I made:



I tend to scrap a bit shabby chic, as I've mentioned on my blog before.  I created a card a while ago that looked very similar to my ATCs.  I loved that card so much that I never ended up sending it to the person I made it for.  (hehe)  I thought I'd shrink the idea and turn it into an ATC.


I used paper from the 6x6 My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose Hazel collection pad that I've been hoarding for years.  That collection has to be one of my favorites.  It works well with my shabby chic style.  

The only thing I would have changed would have been to leave off the stamping, which says "a little {hello}."  First, I stamped it in a too-light brown that ended up blending with the paper too much.  Then, after I white washed the wood grain with acrylic paint, I ended up stamping the sentiment again with a blue ink.  Next time, I'm ditching the stamping all together.

Have you ever participated in an ATC swap before?  This is the fourth one I've participated in.  I generally don't like doing them because I always seem to choose tedious designs that have a lot of steps or just generally take forever, but I always like the outcome.  Maybe that's why I keep doing them.  Kind of like how a woman forgets the pain of childbirth the second she meets her child.  Yeah, I feel the same way about ATCs.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!