Thursday, May 16, 2013

Still feeling challenged...

But in a GOOD way!  I have to say, after only doing a layout or two in the past six months, the fact that I've done three in the past month is HUGE!  Over at Mojo Mama's Creative Corner ("Mojo Mama" being the fabulous Kristy Lee), a new weekly challenge was issued by Erin Colby.  Her stuff blows me away, so to even consider doing something that she issued was kind of intimidating.  :)  Her challenge was to do a take on the "Something old, something new..." phrase.

This is what I came up with:


Something old:  The blue acrylic paint I used was so old that it had globs in it.  Grody.  Something new:  I have never scrapped an Instagram picture before, so that was new to me.  This was also the first time I had cut my title into my background paper.  Something borrowed:  I used a sharp knife from the kitchen to distress the papers.  Something blue:  I used various inks, papers and embellishments with my favorite hue.  :)  

It is so fun to be scrapping again and in a way that I am not used to.  I'm branching out more into the trendy stuff and I'm loving how it's turning out! 

That's all for now!  Until next time...


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see this layout I love it more! I love how you did the title.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!