Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there!  I hope you all are having a blessed day with your families!  I wanted to show off what I was up until 11:15pm last night making made for my mom and my MIL. :)

Here are the cards I made:


I stamped these flower stamps in grey ink and then used colored pencils to color them in.  I even tried something new (to me) - shading!!  I am in no way, shape or form an artist so this was pretty big for me.  :)  Once I was done coloring in the images, I used mineral spirits and a paper pencil to blend them in.  This smooths out the lines and evens up the color. 

Here is what I made for my MIL:


Other than putting pictures in a big album for her, I've never really made anything for my MIL before.  I wanted to take the picture I took of her and her kids at Mother's Day last year and make it into a nice framed piece.  I took a piece of 8x8 chipboard and sprayed it with adhesive.  Then I placed a piece of burlap over it.  I just layered everything else on top and this is how it turned out.  I'm proud of it, so I hope she liked it!  (I was home with a sickie today, so I didn't get to see her reaction.)

This is what I made for my mom:


My mom goes by Mimi and I'm sad to say that there is not a lot of Mimi-personalized things out there.  I thought I'd take some vinyl that I just got and make her a frame of her own.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the sentiment.  It was super easy and fast to make.  My kind of project!  

That is all for now! Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

Until next time...

Photobucket

2 comments:

I love comments! Let me know what you think!