Friday, May 10, 2013

Occasions...


Happy Friday!  I've been promising new stuff for a while now so I figured it was high time I got my rear in gear and show off some of what I have been working on lately.  It seems like I have had to make a lot of occasion cards lately, for specific birthdays, weddings, etc.

This first card was made for a friend of mine who just celebrated the big 4-0.  She looks amazing and not a day over 30, so I wanted her to know that she makes 40 look amazing.  Here's what I came up with:

    
I thought the card turned out fun and sassy, just like my friend.  I printed the sentiment on a piece of kraft paper, then used my Silhouette to cut out the 40.  Added some washi tape and it was done!  Super fun and easy!

The next card I made is for a wedding that we are going to later this month.  My husband's cousin is getting married and I've been around long enough to remember when she was in her teens.  To be a bit floored that she is now old enough to get married (I'm not old, right?!?), is an understatement.  Here is what I made for her:

 
I decided to go simple with this card.  I used the potty people stamp from Amy Tangerine's Hey There set and then punched a red heart to put over the heart image.  Then I used Lawn Fawn's Sally's ABC's to write the sentiment.  I added red burlap twine and a red button and that's it!  Another fast and easy card.

I made this last card for my Dad, who recently celebrated turning 67 years young.  My Dad is the greatest, and I don't just say that because I'm his daughter.  :)  Here is the card I made for him:

Excuse the crappy picture.  It was snowing (?!?) the day I took it.

I used some My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose papers and some My Thoughts Exactly stamps.  It's been a while since I expressed my love for Pinterest, so I thought I would show you the inspiration for this card:

Sometimes I am lost without inspiration, so Pinterest definitely pulls me out of my creative rut when all I'm seeing is an empty thought bubble above my head.  Especially on days like May 3rd...when it was SNOWING for Pete's sake!  I still can't get over that one.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed taking a look at my cards today!  I'll be back with more soon!

Until next time...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!