Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Sketch and Color Challenge!

Hello, all!  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  I have gotten my card making groove back after a couple month hiatus and decided to play along with some challenges.  I have missed participating in them, so I am excited to be back! 

Here are my prompts:

http://www.cardchallenges.com/2015/01/new-year-first-color-challenge.html

http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2015/01/case-this-sketch-105.html

And here is the card I made:


I didn't have the exact colors on hand, but I had very similar Stampin' Up! colors that I used instead...and I love how they blended together!  I started by cutting a piece of watercolor paper with a die, then wetting it with a clean brush and water.  Then I stamped the ink pad directly onto a large stamp block that was big enough to fit all four colors.  I then took another clean, wet brush and dabbed on some of the ink color.  The wet background allowed the ink to flow and move.  It dried with the look of a sunrise and made me so happy.  I thought I would convey that feeling with the Avery Elle sentiment I used.  I also used minimal embellishments because I didn't want to cover up the watercolor panel any more than I already had.  I just love how this card turned out! 

That is all for today!  I will be back soon with more of what I have been making lately!

Until next time...

 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

5 comments:

  1. Your card makes me think of warm things this winter! Yay! :)Thanks for joining us on the first color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background piece. Nice work on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your background-- what a fabulous technique! So fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used our sketch Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, friend! Nifty blending of the colors. And pair it with black and white? Totally rad. Thumbs up from Utah and the MFT Challenge blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!