Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm on a ROLL!

Ever since I made the birthday card for scrapbooksteals.com's card challenge, I've been making more cards than I know what to do with! I even went out and purchased more stamps, which I NEVER thought I'd do. I'm telling you, stamps come in handy when you're making cards. I think I might enjoy making cards more than creating layouts! They're super easy and FAST! Here are a few that I've made today:

Happy Birthday:



Here's a close-up of the embossing I did with my NEW stamps!



Cheers:



I used more NEW stamps and my Xyron to create the "Cheers" sticker. This card will be given to my in-laws, who are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary next month!

Birthday Cupcake:



This one photographed well, but it doesn't look as hot up close. I had to stamp the cupcake twice because it didn't have enough embossing ink on it to hold on to the powder and when I did it the second time, it was a little off (hence the "shadow" I created). For a first attempt at a window card, I think it turned out well.

I have to say...now that I've made 4 cards in the past two days, I think I'll be able to give up card buying for good! I'll be saving money left and right!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!