Friday, July 9, 2010

Scrapbooksteals Sketch Challenge, pt. 4

Today was the final day of celebration for scrapbooksteals.com's 1st birthday! FOUR new challenges were issued today. It will probably take me some time to get all four done, but here are the challenges:

1) Create a layout with 12 embellishments (buttons, brads, jewels, etc. NOT COUNTED!).
2) Create a layout with 6 different patterned papers.
3) Create a layout showcasing something you're thankful for.
4) Create a birthday card.

Here is what I came up with for each:

1) This is the layout I used for the 12 element layout:



This layout turned out SO GREAT! First of all, I had the perfect subject...my little Brutus. Second, I love how the colors from the papers and the buttons match so well. I've always been a little shy using buttons, but this layout made me a believer!

2) This is the layout I created using 6 different patterned papers:



I have had this picture laying around for, according to the date, about 6 years! It's about time I finally did something with it! I love how the layout turned out. I decided to make it somewhat patriotic since it the picture was from when Jeff got home from Iraq. This was from such a challenging yet exciting time in our lives and I'm so glad to finally have it displayed in a way that I'm proud to show off!

3) When asked what I am thankful for, my answer is always my family! I am so incredibly blessed that God trusted me enough to be a mother to Maddie and Erin. They completed my heart in a way I didn't know needed to be completed. I am also grateful for my husband who works day in and day out to provide for our family. Also, without him, my girls wouldn't be in my life! Here is the layout I used for this challenge:



4) I'm kind of, well, a novice when it comes to making cards. This past Valentine's Day, I made all of my cards for my husband and my daughters. They were SUPER cheesy compared to the cards I made for Father's Day and the card I made for this challenge. I'm not even going to post those because I don't want to embarrass myself. Here is the card that I created for the challenge:



Here is a close-up of the cupcake I made:



I have to say, I'm pretty proud of my cupcake. I can't draw worth a darn, but somehow I created this cupcake and then stitched with with multi-color thread. It might only be an inch in size, but it took me just under an hour to stitch!!

Thank you, scrapbooksteals, for keeping me busy the past few days! I've enjoyed being challenged!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!