Monday, July 12, 2010

It looks like I'm a CARD addict, too!

I guess there are worse things to be addicted to...being a card-making, craft-supplies-hoarding addict isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things. :) I just can't seem to get enough of making cards these days. To think...it all started with a challenge just 3 short days ago!

Here is a new card I completed this morning:



I hand-stitched the flower after tracing a flower from the patterned paper. I think it turned out pretty well! I've noticed that using hand-stitched elements on the cards adds so much dimension and character to them! It's a P.A.I.N. to do, but it's worth it in the long run!

UPDATE: It seems one card was not enough today. I just made the card I'm giving to my husband for our 8th anniversary tomorrow. Here is how it turned out:



And here's a close-up of the detail:



I attempted "distressing" for the first time around the heart. I wasn't happy with the way it turned out after I cut it out, so I got out my trusty nail file and made it look MUCH better! I think I have a new technique to add to my "bag-o-tricks." :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!