Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...almost!

And by the most wonderful time, I don't mean Christmastime (although I do love that time of year as well). I am talking about FALL! After the disgustingly hot summer we've had this year, I am REALLY looking forward to Fall. Luckily, there are tiny hints all over the place that it's just around the corner. The pear tree in our back yard is starting to shed it's leaves (something it does at the end of summer). My oldest daughter found a yellow leaf in our driveway this morning. It's been in the 80s (!!) for two days in a row!! Yes, my friends, Fall is upon us. And not a minute too soon!

Halloween is just 2 short months away and I've already got ideas as to what my girls will dress up as. Sounds like the perfect time to crop LAST YEAR'S Halloween pictures, right? I'm pretty excited about this layout. I had an idea in my head as to what I wanted the layout to look like, then I found a perfect layout to scraplift!

Here is the original (it's small):



And here is my layout:



Here are a couple close-ups of some embellishments and distressing:




I found Coredinations cardstock at my local scrap store that is black with orange underneath and I distressed around the edges with sand paper. I also distressed around the cardstock with ink. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! I'm always shy when it comes to embellishments, but I think the brads and stickers I used fit in really well. Now that I have this page done, I'm looking forward to Halloween this year!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!