Monday, August 16, 2010

My Week in Scrappiness...

We're two days into the week and I'm off to a roaring start! I've made a card and a layout in the past two days and have been challenged doing both!

Our nephew, Jake, turned 2 a couple weeks ago and his bday party was last night. As I mentioned in my last post, I haven't had to make too many "male" birthday cards, so I took it upon myself to challenge, well, myself, to make a kid's card. Not just a kid's card...a BOY'S card! Jake and his brother L.O.V.E. Thomas the train, so I was lucky to find some Thomas paper at Joann's.

This is what I came up with:



Here is a close-up of the sticker I made:



It turned out really cute and I was proud to give it to Jake. It made the rounds through the family that was gathered at the party and it was decided (not by myself) that I need to make cards for a living. :)

This past Wednesday, Scrapbooksteals issued their weekly Mojo challenge. After taking a week off, I decided to give this one a try. Here is the sketch:



And here is my layout:



I used the very last of my My Mind's Eye Bella Bella papers (a previous "steal") and I'm sad. I LOVE the simplicity of this line and it's soft, muted tones were perfect for the layout I created. I also love the flourishes in the corners of the page. The background page was a journaling-type page with lines, but I cut out around the flourishes and entered the patterned paper over the lines. It turned out pretty cute!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!