Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mid-Week Mojo Challenge!

I've been slacking on updating my blog, so forgive me! That being said, I have certainly not been slacking in the scrapbooking department! ESPECIALLY, with scrapbooksteals' Midweek Mojo Challenge every week! Here is the latest layout I completed for the challenge, as well as another layout that I am VERY proud of.

This is the sketch for the challenge issued on 7/28:



And here is my take on it:



Two-page layouts are always a challenge. Especially when elements, such as borders or photo backgrounds, need to match up on both pages. I'm very pleased with the way this layout turned out. I love these challenges because they're allowing me (or forcing me) to use pictures I either took a long time ago or printed out a long time ago. Now that I'm into scrapbooking, I can't understand why anyone would have a strictly "photo" album, or one that holds thousands of pictures and no personality. Granted, I am guilty and have about three albums FULL of baby pictures of my oldest daughter, but I plan on scrapping those pictures in due time!!

Moving right along...last week I found a picture of me with my Grandma which was taken at my wedding 8 years ago. My Grandma passed away a little more than a year ago and I miss her more as time goes on. I felt compelled to make a special layout with this picture:



Here is the layout I created to showcase it:



This has to be the prettiest layout I've ever done. I hand-stitched all of the embellishments in the corner and around the photo mat. I created my first "flowers" and they turned out so beautifully. Not that I needed the extra vote of confidence, but I knew I had done a good job when I showed it to my 3 year old and she gasped and said "Oh Mommy! It's so BEA-U-TIFUL! That's my Granny!" :) Granted, Maddie only met my Grandma once when she was 9 months old, and we never called her "Granny," but I LOVE that Maddie knows who she is.

Until next week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!