Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A Brightly Colored Thank You Card

Hello, again!  Today I am playing along with two fun challenges and I wanted to share the card I created!  I am using photo inspirations from The Cutting Edge Challenge and the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge.  Here are the photos:


http://littlemisst-papercraft.blogspot.com/2014/08/cure-for-monday-blues-challenge-27_18.htmlhttp://thecuttingedgechallenge.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-cutting-edge-challenge-8.html

I decided to use the fun floral and greenery from the Cutting Edge picture with the colors from the Cure for the Monday Blues picture.  Here is the result:


I started off by stamping the background with grey ink, mimicking the comforter of the Monday Blues picture.  Then I used my Silhouette to cut out the floral shape out of black glittered cardstock.  I ran the shape through my Xyron sticker maker so I could make sure when I watercolored the image, the colors wouldn't bleed through.  Next, I used my watercolor pencils to color the image, then went over it all with a water brush.  Backing it all with a black cardstock base just made the colors pop even more.  I think it's so vibrant and pretty!

That is all for today!  Thanks again for stopping by!

Until next time...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love hearing how you did this. That sounds like a neat technique! Really beautiful work! So happy you joined us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I love this. I have a ton of glitter paper and I cut some arrows from it long time ago and then forgot. I will have to try this technique. Can you let me know if this is a silhouette file or from somewhere else. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this was a Silhouette file! It was Design ID #43666, or search for "Amy Robison blossom" if that doesn't work.

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful burst of colour, and so perfectly captures the light feel of the inspiration too! Love your flowers! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!