Sunday, August 17, 2014

Little Tangles Challenge #42

Hello again!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  I am back today with a card I made for this week's Little Tangles Challenge


Here is the card I made:


I. Love. This card!  I used a stencil I made with my Silhouette and applied Worn Lipstick and Peacock Feathers distress ink in varying shades.  It looks like confetti falling from the sky.  So fun!  Next, I 2nd generation stamped the balloons, cut them out, then covered them with glossy accents.  Seriously.  Glossy accents takes forever to dry!!  The last time I used it (some three or so years ago), I was an avid scrapbooker and it took me hours to complete one layout.  So I could apply it at the beginning of the project and be done with it at the end.  Now that I prefer card making, I was SO antsy waiting for these balloons to dry.  It killed me that I had to leave them overnight to dry (I was making this at 10pm).  That might seem so bizarre, but I make cards because they are quick and (mostly) brainless.  Scrapbook layouts gave me headaches.  Cards clear my head.  Glossy Accents is of the devil.  Just kidding.  But man, doesn't it make those balloons shine??


I love how this card turned out.  I stamped the sentiment using some seriously yummy silver embossing powder that I found at my local stamp shop.  This stuff melts like butter and it is SO shiny!  This picture doesn't do it justice at all. 

That is it for today!  I am so glad you stopped by to take a look!

Until next time...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

2 comments:

  1. Love the Glossy Accents effect on your balloons. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Little Tangles and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cristine. I love it too! Thanks for playing along with Little Tangles

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!