Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Color Throwdown #290

We have been having cool, dreary weather the past couple of days here so I've been in my scrap room creating more.  Cloudy days = creative days, apparently.  :)  Today I played along with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Here is the swatch:

http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2014/04/color-throwdown-290.html

And here is the card I made: 


Forgive the terrible lighting, but when it's cloudy outside, there are only so many miracles that Picasa can perform.  :) 

Today's card is probably one of the most simple, CAS cards I've ever made.  I was inspired by a downloadable sentiment I saw in a recent issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine. I knew if I printed it on watercolor paper first, the water would make it bleed.  To get around this problem, I printed it on a scrap piece of paper then traced the image on the watercolor paper, pushing hard with a pencil.  Then I gave the watercolor paper a good water wash before I started putting the watercolors on.  This is something I've seen a lot lately and I love the look of it.  It makes the watercolors spread out and land where they may.  So pretty!  Once the paper was dry (with the help of my heat gun), I ran the paper through my printer.  I added a few sequins in a cream color because I didn't want to take away from the watercolors. 

Here is a close up of the card, which shows a bit of sparkle on the dress.  I used my Wink of Stella clear pen for that loveliness.  



I am also submitting this card for this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The theme is anything goes! 

Thanks for checking in today!  Until next time...
 photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

5 comments:

  1. This card is what's fabulous! Love it! Great idea with the watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "most simple CAS" card is most simply DARLING! I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet CAS design and really love the wee bit of watercoloring! So glad you were able to join us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous CAS card, I love the gentle water colours and lovely image and sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love that sweet dress form and touches of color!! Thxs for joining is at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think!