Thursday, April 3, 2014

Watercolor fun.

I have always like to color.  Whenever I was depressed as a young adult, I would pull out my trusty crayons or colored pencils and my favorite coloring books (usually of the Disney-themed variety) and would spend time coloring.  It always makes me happy.  I can't draw to save my life, but coloring sure is the best.

This brings me to last Wednesday.  I was scrolling through facebook as I usually do when an instagram post from Sweet Stamp Shop caught my eye.  Those beautiful watercolor flowers inspired me to try making some of my own.  Keep in mind, I can't draw worth a lick, but I am absolutely in love with the way this card turned out:


I masked off the center with some contact paper that I had cut into a banner shape with a onesie in the middle.  Then I started playing around with the colors, layering as I went along.  For the sentiment, I used two stamps from Avery Elle's Oh Happy Day stamp set.  I masked off the "oh" and the "day" from one stamp to get the "happy" by itself.  I also used my Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the center of the flowers because everything looks better with a little sparkle.  :)  I think this turned out so cute and I am so excited to send it to a friend of mine who is expecting her second little girl.

That is all for today!  Stop by tomorrow from some pretty awesome news!  Until then... photo Signature_zps1df7bf72.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think!